Yay! My book got chosen for a book club!
Announcing the fourth 3-month installment of our popular food lit bookclub! We’ve got special guests in both October and December, so read up and come ready for a great discussion! This time we are reading:
October: The Righteous Porkchop: Finding a Life and Good Food Beyond Factory Farms by Nicolette Niman: an in-depth exploration of meat eating from the point of a view of a vegetarian cattle rancher. Extra: Nicolette and her husband Bill will be at the discussion session to talk to you in person about ranching, vegetarianism, and the ethics of eating meat.
November: Four Fish: The Future of the Last Wild Food by Paul Greenberg: a hard look at the effects of world fish consumption on cod, salmon, sea bass, and tuna.
December: Cheesemonger: A Life on the Wedge by Gordon Edgar: a hilarious and honest look at how a local cheese legend came to be. Extra: Gordon will be at the discussion to give you in-person answers to your questions and behind the scenes extras!
Here’s how the club works – please note important DATE changes!
1. By signing up you commit to reading the book of the month and attending the club meeting for three months. At the end of three months you can continue on in the group or choose to give up your spot to a newcomer.
2. Heather Knapp is our fearless moderator and she sends discussion topics/questions to members before each monthly meeting.
3. This time, because of holidays and scheduling, all club meetings take place at 18 Reasons at 4PM on Sundays as follows: October 24, November 21, and December 19.
4. The club tends to organize some sort of rotating snack duty or potluck system (there are no snacks or beverages provided by 18 Reasons).
5. You can choose to pay only to participate or you can purchase the books with your sign-up. If you purchase books, they are available for pick-up from Omnivore Books and 20% of the proceeds will go to benefit the work of 18 Reasons.